Tuesday, October 8, 2013

After Party






























Dear Fashionistas,

You know how the saying goes, someone's trash is someone else's treasure?  Well these partygoers I'm sure were fast asleep by the time we arrived, but they left the perfect disaster for our shoot this morning. 
I welcome you to East Village, my new home and the home of many other eclectic hipsters,  music junkies and all around cool people. This is our rooftop, to the naked eye is has seen better days but artistically speaking, it was just what we needed. 
This fall I am really into high waisted jeans. They tend to hug you in just the right spots and they are perfect for pairing with crop tops.  Mine are Vibrants from Neccessary Clothing. Vibrants have taken the highrise market by storm this year, I see them everywhere in SoHo and have found them to fit the best. You can get them in acid washes, basic denim colors, & with lots of unique destruction. Now let me tell you where you can find yours ;)  If your a risk taker and and have a little bit of rocker chic in you, check out these destructed skinnies. If you like a little bit more simple but still want some spunk, check out these medium acid wash jeans. (a personal favorite, I wear mine all them time). But if you want to stick to a more classic look, click here. You can't go wrong!  
Now since I went basic with black skinnies on the bottom, I had to mix up with some texture & color on top.  Now we all know I love bright colors, but since it is fall now I have to channel my darker side and tone it down a little bit. Think boho (like me) meets mid 19th century (like me) and voila you have me! Which leads me to my next topic, Kimonos. I dont know about you, but I am really digging them this year.  They are wonderful layering pieces and you can find them in fun patterns and fabrics.  Check out this one from Topshop. Or if your on a budget check out this one from Nasty Gal. My crochet crop top is available here at Urban Outfitters. 
Alright ladies, on to the shoes and handbag. My lace up open heel shoes are straight up knock offs of Jeffrey Campbells and wear just the same!  Don't get me wrong, I love a good pair of JC's, but sometimes my budget just doesn't have room for them.  When this unfortunate event happens, I turn to my handy dandy knock off stores Soho so graciously provides me with, but if you don't have easy access to NYC this could be kind of difficult. So I am here to offer you back up!  If you want the real deal click here, but if your feeling a little light in the pocket check out these cuties from DSW. Order them with just a click of a button :)
My pop of color, is the lovely red handbag.  It's a Vince Camuto, but the best part is that it was free! Since I live in the big apple, it is quite easy to come across a roommate that designs handbags and comes home with proto samples. This bag is almost 3 years old.  At the time Vince Camuto was not as well known, in fact I just discovered it was a Vince when I was cleaning out my old bags and realized, heck no I cannot give this away.  It's currently one of my favorites; proving wrong my own reasoning that if you haven't worn it all year, toss it.  It's not always the case my friends. (Just most of the time)

PS- did you notice the confetti?? Had to get my colors in there somewhere 

**Also a special thanks to Colleen Shaw (roomie) for her awesome photography skills. She's going to be a big director one day so ya'll better watch out! Don't say you didn't hear it first from me :) Don't forget these words "CRUSH IT" stay tuned. 

XOXO-
Katie









No comments:

Post a Comment